Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Audrey Hepburn: Beauty, Class & a Kind Heart

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Happy 100th!

    
     I've been a HUGE fan of Lucy (Lucille Ball) since I was a little girl. I can't imagine what the world would've been like had she not been in it. Female comedians owe her a ton for the road she paved!
     One of the main reasons I literally LOVE Lucy is that my grandparents enjoyed watching her. I have good memories of watching the show at their house. Another thing that drew me to her is that she was a redhead. (bottled, but still!) Of course, I didn't know that for quite some time since the show was in black & white but once I saw a picture of her in color, I knew I liked her. I was born a redhead. I mean, completely red! My natural color is VERY strawberry blonde but for whatever reason, I just don't care for the way the color looks on me so I end up covering most of it. MOST... not all. That red hair is one of the markings of the Gray family so I have to leave just a teeny bit out of love. My great-grandmother, my granddad, & my dad are all redheads!
     Anyway, she would've been 100 on 8/6 so I just have to give a nod to one of the ladies who paved the way for crazy, sassy, funny, loud, obnoxious women all over the world! I have to say, one of the reasons I'm loving Emma Stone so much is b/c I look at her & see a modern day Lucy! Oh, & I've totally been enjoying Hallmark Channel's "I Love Lucy" weekend marathon. What a great cast that show had! I know most everyone who knows anything about the show has an absolute favorite episode! I know a ton of people love the episode where she works in the candy factory. Another popular episode is the one where she's stomping grapes & gets into a fight with the lady. (also known as, "The episode Vivian watches in the hotel room on the floor in the movie Pretty Woman") My favorite episode is one of the Hollywood episodes. I love the episode that John Wayne was in. I've never been much of a fan of his & I really only remember how he looked as he got older but I must say, he was quite a handsome man. And tall!! Are you a Lucy fan? If so, what's your favorite episode?
From one (natural) redhead to another (not so natural) redhead, Happy 100th, Lucy!! We all STILL Love Lucy!!

1 comment:

  1. My mom introduced me to I love Lucy last year, and I was like, oh, that looks like an old boring series, but it turned out to be hilarious! In an old fashioned way. ;)
    I also like bewitched.
    Let's follow each other! and feel free to comment my blog also ;)

    ReplyDelete