Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Audrey Hepburn: Beauty, Class & a Kind Heart

Friday, May 20, 2011

Reality Killed the Video Star

I HATE MTV!! Seriously, can't stand it. I am a TOTAL 80s baby & grew up watching all the amazing music videos they used to play. Now, unless you're up while everyone else is sleeping, you're not going to see music videos on MTV. Instead, what do you see? A bunch of trash ball reality "stars". I think reality TV is the one of the worst things that has happened to mankind since I've been alive! The competition shows (American Idol, SYTYCD) don't bother me b/c the people who make it onto the show actually have talent. The rest of reality TV is a bunch of talentless, self absorbed idiots who are looking for there quick 15 minutes. I get pissed off when I think of how much the cast of Jersey Shore gets paid per episode b/c all they do is get drunk & sleep with everyone. In the meantime, teachers, police officers, firemen, EMTs, etc. aren't paid nearly enough for the jobs they do! Oh, & if you're wondering just how much the cast of Jersey Shore makes, $30,000 per episode!! (that was last year so they probably make more now!) I've heard reports that they're now getting ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS per episode, but I'm not totally sure if it's true. I'm sure if I Googled it I could find out. I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous! Many teachers don't even make $30,000 in a year. How is this right? Somewhere along the line, MTV got greedy and forgot what MTV stood for. MUSIC TELEVISION! And VH1 (which is of course owned by the same company that owns MTV)? That stands for Video Hits 1! I wish there was a channel that just played music videos! VH1 Classic is actually decent. They play a lot of videos from the 80s and I love that. (I'm seriously 1 of the biggest new wave music fans out there!) I miss the days of Duran Duran, Bananarama, The Thompson Twins, Culture Club, The Human League, Petshop Boys, Michael Jackson, etc.. Obviously most of the new wave bands aren't even together anymore, so I understand MTV not playing their videos but there are plenty of artists around today who still put a lot of $$ into making good music videos. Britney & Beyonce are still doing amazing videos & even though I only like 1 or 2 of her songs, could there be a better music video star than Lady Gaga? It sucks that if I want to watch them I have to get on YouTube. MTV, it's time to remember why you were created in the 1st place & get back to the way things used to be. You can still make trashy reality shows! Just start a station that shows nothing but those shows! Dire Straits once sang, "I Want my MTV" in their classic, Money for Nothing. (actually, it was Sting singing that line) Well, MTV, I want my OLD MTV! And just a little pop culture history for everyone: Does anyone know where I came up w/ the title of this blog? tic, toc, tic, toc................ The VERY first video ever played on MTV was the song, "Video Killed the Radio Star", sung by the Buggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment