Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Audrey Hepburn: Beauty, Class & a Kind Heart

Monday, June 13, 2011

6/14-6/16 ~ Michigan

This is just a super quick post to let everyone know I will be out of town working for the next few days. For those of you who don't know me, b/c of what I've been able to survive, I do motivational speaking. Right now I work for the pharmaceutical company, Novartis. They make a vaccine, Menveo, which prevents Meningococcal Meningitis (what I had). Obviously, I really want to do as much as I can to see more children & young adults get vaccinated so, when Novartis asked me (along w/ 2 other girls from the nonprofit I'm part of) to do some work with them, of course I jumped on board. Basically, they fly me all over the country & I get to speak at a dinner that's attended by doctors, nurses, pharmacists, & others in the medical field. I really enjoy it. It's such great therapy to get up in front of 50-150 people & just tell your whole story! I guess if you have a fear of public speaking it may not be too fun but luckily, I don't have that fear. I always meet the nicest people at these dinners too. I love that I get to go out for a swanky dinner, have a couple of glasses of wine & just blab. Doesn't really feel like work but apparently, it is! So, the blog probably won't be updated for the next few days but I'll be sure to write a post once I get back on how the 2 events I'm speaking at went. I'll try to get some pictures to share as well. Hope everyone has a wonderful week! See you guys in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment