Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Audrey Hepburn: Beauty, Class & a Kind Heart

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Ten Years of Surviving, TO ME!

Today (6/19) is the 10 year anniversary of the day I went into the hospital w/ Meningococcal Meningitis! It's weird b/c I can remember a lot of it like yesterday but at the same time, it feels like a lifetime ago. Although the majority of these 10 years have been spent in & out of hospitals and operating rooms, I am so thankful for each and every day. I'm not sure I'll ever get used to this life since I lived 19 years as a healthy, "normal" girl. I almost don't want to ever get used to it b/c I don't ever want to forget what it was like during those 19 years. I know some people have never had the experience of living w/ good health so I never want to forget how blessed I was to have had those 19 years! If I had a chance to go back & re-do the night I got sick, I can honestly say I don't know what I would do. There have been so many times I've thought to myself, "God, what I wouldn't give to go back in time to that night! I wouldn't have gone to that party & I never would've gotten sick!". BUT, I also think about all of the wonderful people who have come into my life b/c of the fact that I got sick, I just couldn't imagine my life without them as part of it! I hope each & every nurse and doctor who has taken care of me at some point during these 10 years knows how absolutely grateful my family & I are to them! It's getting late & I'm pretty tired, so this is going to be a short post. I'd like to ask that if you never read my post from 5/18 that you please take 5 or 10 minutes to do so!! It could save your life or the life of your child. If you don't feel like looking through my blog for the post, here's the web address:  http://beautyandthedisability.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-hope-you-will-all-read-this.html . Also, even though it's completely unrelated, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment