Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Audrey Hepburn: Beauty, Class & a Kind Heart

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

5000 Questions, Part 1


I saw this on a fellow blogger's... blog! She told me to Google the term & that I'd be able to find it. Apparently, a lot more people are doing this than I thought. Anyway, seemed kinda fun and it's always something good to do on days when you just aren't feeling very creative when it comes to doing a blog post. So, today, I'll be answering questions 1-30. I'll try to make my answers as interesting as possible. And of course, truthful!

  1. Who are you? (now I have The Who song stuck in my head!) This is one of those questions that really, you can give 1000 different answers to. I am:
  • Strong beyond belief!
  • 100% all woman!
  • A total girl's girl
  • a dancer (former)
  • a daughter
  • a big sister
  • a loyal friend
  • believer of equal rights for every single human on this planet, no matter their age, race, religion, sex, or sexual preference
  • usually more sympathetic towards animals than many humans
  • a liberal
  • one of the few people I know who LOVES cold & hates Summer!
  • someone who doesn't feel I need a husband or child to make me feel complete
  • impatient
  • a smartass
  • not a fan of talking on the phone
  • someone who believes that music has healing powers
 
   2.    What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?
  • I can NOT stand ignorant, close minded, racist people!
  • I would take a bullet for my friends/family without thinking twice about it! (actually, I even feel like I'd do that for my 2 "daughters" (Persian cats))
  • I have literally cheated death more times than you could believe. I survived a rare disease that I was only given a 20% chance of surviving, I was in a 6 week coma & my heart stopped beating for 52 minutes after I had my hip replaced. (seriously!)
3. When you aren't filling out 5,000 question surveys like this one what are you doing? it varies day to day but if I'm at home, no matter what I'm doing, there's a good chance I have some show on TV that involves murder/crime (I know, sounds very uplifting) & I have at least one of my 2 Persian cats near me


   4.  List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn't like at the time). Um, this technically isn't a question but whatever. I graduated high school 11 years (wow, that's crazy!) ago. High school, for me, was more of a big social gathering each day. All I cared about was hanging out w/ my friends, going to pom practice, cheering at games & going to parties. I did enjoy English my Freshman year, the public speaking class I was in my Sophomore year (same teacher as the 9th grade Eng. class), History my Jr. year & doing the school news my Jr. year. I didn't earn a degree in college but I did enjoy the English classes I took & I LOVED the public speaking class I was in. I'm going to beauty school when Spring roles around so I'm looking forward to everything I learn about aesthetics!! As far as classes I like the least, I HATED Geometry & Algebra II. Once I got past Algebra I, it was all downhill!

   5. What is your biggest goal for this year? to be enrolled for the aesthetics program by the end of the year... even though it doesn't start until Spring, I want to have my place reserved!

   6. Where do you want to be in 5 years? I want to be working as an aesthetician. I'd love to eventually work for Benefit Cosmetics. Even though it would be SO hard to move away from my friends/family (and 20 Dr.s) here in Memphis, I jdon't want to be stuck here simply b/c this is where I grew up. I'd LOVE to be living in the Chicago area. I don't necessarily see myself getting married w/in 5 years but it would be nice to be in a solid relationship by then. I also hope to see my health get better & better each passing year!

    7. What stage of life are you in right now? It's crazy to think that I am in the LAST year of my 20s! 30 just sounds so much older and "grown up" than 20! I'm just hoping the best is really yet to come!

    8. Are you more child-like or childish? I'm definitely not childish but I can be child-like when it comes to having fun. Oh, & once Christmas time comes around, I feel like I turn into a child all over again. I hope I never lose that feeling during the holiday season!!

    9.  What is the last thing you said out loud? "Love you too." (talking to Mamacita)

  10. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now? "This Woman's Work" by Kate Bush. I did a post on it last week. It's been my best post yet (in my opinion) so I definitely recommend it. It explains a lot about me & everything I've gone through and continue to go through.

  11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes? Nope, never had the desire.

  12.  Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same? It was all going great up until I turned 19 & got sick. Aside from my health problems, things have been pretty good. There have been a few traumatic events (aside from the health crap) that shook me up but that happens to pretty much everyone. My health seems to be slowly improving. God willing, that will continue!

  13. Does time really heal all wounds? No way! I think time helps you learn to deal w/ & live w/ painful events that have taken place but you never really heal from them. One of my favorite quotes actually pertains to this subject. Here it is:  "It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But, it is never gone." ~Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy


  14. How do you handle a rainy day? I love to lounge in bed, read, & listen to music. (unless there's a Criminal Minds marathon on) There may also be some napping involved.



15. Which is worse...losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday lights? DEFINITELY losing your luggage! That's why I always pack jewelry, beauty products & medications in my carry on bag. I spend way too much on makeup & anti-aging products to have them get lost.


 16. How is your relationship with your parents? Will you miss them when they are gone? I'd just like to point out that this technically makes this 5001 Questions! My mom is one of my very best friends & she is one of my guardian angels here on Earth! My stepdad & I have almost like a brother/sister relationship b/c we like to pick on each other. It's a good relationship though. He has done (& continues to do) so much for both my mom & me. I realize that since I'm not his blood daughter, he doesn't have to do all the stuff for me that he does. My dad & I have always been close but we don't see each other often b/c of all the miles between us. There are some things going on his life that kind of make me shake my head (& from time to time, want to smack him upside the head) but I've seen these types of shenanigans happen w/ a ton of men his age. I just like to think of it as a "mid-life crisis". My stepmom & I were really close when I was little. I idolized her! We had some tough years from the age of 16 up until a couple of years ago. Since she's in California, I obviously don't see her often but we do text each other regularly. There's a lot more respect between the 2 of us now. As for the "Will I miss them?" question... what kind of asshole would say no to that? Now that all of them (aside from my stepdad) are in their 50s, it does scare me to think about losing them. I try not to think about it though!


17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you? Definitely! With all of the crazy mess that's going on in the world, there are times that I wish I wasn't!


18. What is the truest thing that you know?  Well, like the title of my blog states, "Life is beautiful... even when it hurts!". And when I say hurt, I'm not just talking about physical pain. There's a ton of emotional pain that comes w/ living too. Still, there's a ton of beauty in life, even when things seem doomed!


 19. What did you want to be when you grew up? Definitely not disabled! (hehe, have to make light of certain situations) But seriously, I wanted to be a lot of things. At one point I wanted to do 3 things: 1) Be a garbageman! (seriously!!) 2) Work for Federal Express (which has since been shortened to FedEx) 3) Work at Lebonhiker Children's Medical Hospital (that's how I said LeBonheur, lol) Then when I got a little bit older & established my absolute love of animals, I wanted to be a vet. 


20. Have you ever been given a second chance? LOL! And a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc., etc.! See Question 2 for explanation! 

21. Are you more of a giver or a taker? I'm a bit of both!


22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind? I always try. I definitely think my heart & mind are a lot more open than many others!


23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you? Having both legs amputated below the knee when I was 19. Definitely don't recommend trying it!



24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you? Losing my best guy friend to diabetes in 2005. Still breaks my heart to think about it!




25. Who have you hugged today? Momma, Sasha Belle & Coco Chanel (my 2 "daughters" =))




26. Who has done something today to show they care about you? Mom




27. Do you have a lot to learn? My Granddad instilled in me at a young age that no matter how old you are, you always have a lot to learn! My great-grandmother (Granddad's mom) was in her 80s when she got her college degree! The picture of her being handed her diploma is beyond precious!



28. If you could learn how to do three things just by wishing and not by working what would they be? Fly (as in a plane), sing, & sew



29. Which do you remember the longest: what other people say, what other people do or how other people make you feel? How others make me feel... but what people say is a VERY close 2nd. I am not the person you want to say something you'll later regret to. I, like most people, can forgive but I NEVER forget!




30. What are the key ingredients to having a good relationship? I'm not married or anything so I don't necessarily consider myself an expert. Obviously there has to be trust! DUH! I'm sure a lot of people will think I'm crazy but I do think it's okay to have a couple of secrets. (nothing major!) I think once there's no mystery left between 2 people, things get really dull. It's always nice to be able to have what I refer to as "good conversation" w/ someone. Great sex is obviously a plus but when things in that area kinda slow down, if you can't enjoy each others conversations, what else will you have?

































1 comment:

  1. Yay you decided to do the questions! I enjoyed reading them. You are a strong woman especially facing your health issues. I don't feel so alone dealing with my cancer

    ReplyDelete