Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Audrey Hepburn: Beauty, Class & a Kind Heart

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Wear Your Medical Conditions on Your Sleeve! Literally!



Because of all the medical conditions I have & b/c of all the meds I take, I wear a medical ID bracelet 24/7, 365 (366 in a leap year!). I personally think the majority of people should wear one. Even if it's something that doesn't seem so major... like, say, an allergy to latex, you should have one of these bracelets. (a lot of vaccines have latex & of course, they use latex gloves in hospitals) Luckily, the ID bracelets you can get now days are nothing like your grandparent's ID bracelets! They make really pretty ones. There are several websites that you can get on & find a bracelet that matches your personality. I have 2 & SHOCKER, both are pink. The one I wear most often is just a thin, pink, leather bracelet. It really just looks like a ponytail holder around my wrist. My favorite thing about my bracelet tag is that it's interchangeable so I only need one tag. I can buy as many bracelets as I want w/out having to pay for a tag & engraving each time. If like me you have a ton of medical issues, you can have both sides of the tag engraved. Mine has my name, the 5 meds I'm allergic to, "adrenal insufficiency" & "bilateral amputee" so, you can get quite a bit put on one bracelet. Even if you don't think you need one of these, if you have a child w/ ANY medical issues, it's really in your best interest to get one. Here are my 2 favorite sites to bracelet shop: http://www.laurenshope.com/ (Halle Berry has at least one bracelet from them; she has Type I Diabetes) & http://www.fiddledeeids.com/. I also have a key chain from Fiddledee IDs (pink, of course) so I am extra cautious. Since I take too many medications to put on a bracelet (unless I want to wear multiple ones) I keep a list of all the medications I take in my wallet & one in my organizer. Oh, I also have "Medication List in Wallet" engraved on my bracelet! Hopefully, the majority of people who read this post will never be in a situation where a medical ID bracelet would really come in handy but I've learned the hard way that it's ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry! TRUST ME! I'm an expert on that situation!! Another good thing about these sites that specialize in medical ID bracelets is that now, most of them also carry necklaces, luggage tags, key chains & even temporary tattoos. Also, if you join either of the sites' mailing lists or FB pages, almost every week, they offer some type of discount.

Here's a couple of pictures of my "everyday" bracelet. (the other 1 I have is beaded & a bit more "flashy")

As you can see, I even got the medical symbol (whatever the thing w/ the snake is called) in pink. Fiddledee ID's allows you to get the symbol in a few different colors. I can't remember if Lauren's Hope does the same or not.


The tag comes off so you can change the bracelet. I think those are called something like "lobster claw clasps" or something having to do w/ an animal. LOL! If you have to wear one of these at all times, it's just nice to have the option of changing the bracelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment